PCC by:Alex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PCC by:Alex

pinoy christian comunity

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» asan na kayo mga sir at mam?????
..time to get real... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:14 pm by alexM

» asan na mga ka church ko?
..time to get real... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 1:20 pm by alexM

» recall of sony Vaio laptops.....read this!!!
..time to get real... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:15 am by alexM

» to all member of this forum...
..time to get real... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:36 pm by alexM

» ..youth afternoon service..
..time to get real... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:32 pm by alexM

» PC WALLPAPER DOWNLOAD HERE....
..time to get real... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:58 pm by alexM

» NEED lyrics ang chords?
..time to get real... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:54 pm by alexM

» USB shield/USB antivirus...automatic scan for your removable flashdrive...
..time to get real... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:51 pm by alexM

» noob killer ...remover of virus in your YM
..time to get real... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:45 pm by alexM

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

..time to get real...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ccf_mae
ccf_mae

Female Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-09-03

..time to get real... Empty
PostSubject: ..time to get real...   ..time to get real... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 5:45 pm

..hi guys!!!

..i have lot of things to share with you..

..hope makatulong siya para sa atin..especially sa mga youth like me...

..ENJOY!!

..GBU!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ccf_mae
ccf_mae

PostSubject: ..ANTI-VIRUS..   ..time to get real... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 5:49 pm

Recently, I received emails from friends warning me about a deadly computer virus that comes with attachments about osama bin laden (what an appropriate match!). So far, I have not received the dreaded attachment (is God merciful or what?). This reminds me of a devotional piece written by Mike Cariņo in the book, Real Time: Time to Get Real with God Devotions for Filipino Youth based on his reflection of Psalms 139:23-24. I share a part of it here.

One day, my computer became problematic. It ran slower than usual and showed a lot of pop-ups. Some programs were also not functioning well. I asked my friend, a computer expert, to look at my PC. After exploring what went wrong, he said that some virus infected my system.

Like the anti-virus program that fixed my computer, God's Spirit has the power to look deep into our hearts and clean it from all distractions, dyscfuntions, garbage, and sin. He knows that our hearts are prone to infection by spiritual viruses--anger, pride, unbelief, lust, rebellion, bitterness, selfishness, etc.

Like my PC, I am "virus-prone," too. I still make mistakes and download the wrong stuff. The good news is I can always come to God and ask Him to search me, change me and cleanse me.

Download God's Spirit. Invite Him to scan your heart and mind. Ask Him to show you what stuff you are doing in your life that brings pain, damages others, and offends God. Allow Him to clean your heart and give you power to do the right thing again.
Back to top Go down
ccf_mae
ccf_mae

PostSubject: ..RICE IS NOT ENOUGH...   ..time to get real... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 5:51 pm

What do you think about Jesus' answer to the devil who tempted Him in the desert, "No one can live only on food. People need every word that God has spoken"? (Matthew 4:4 The Youth Bible) Let me share part of what Rhea Paredes wrote about this verse in Real Time: Time to Get Real with God Devotions for Filipino Youth.

You've probably heard that "rice is the staple diet of most Filipinos." This means it's a basic food necessity. Nonetheless, even if you bought a lifetime supply of rice, it will not be enough to sustain you forever. More vegetables or protein can't do this either. What each of us needs is "every word that God has spoken."

The Christian's "staple diet" is the Bible. When we decide to skip studying and meditating on God's Word, it is like deciding to skip a meal. We slowly starve our souls and make ourselves spiritually weak.

When we skip a meal, we are actually saying "I don't need food right now" with our actions. In the same way, when we skip spending time in God's Word, we are saying, "God, I don't need You right now" with our actions.

Let us humbly come to the Lord for spiritual food everyday, admitting that we are dependent on Him. Don't forget to feed your soul today!
Back to top Go down
ccf_mae
ccf_mae

PostSubject: ..CRASH...   ..time to get real... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 5:54 pm

Every once in a while, I hum the songs I learned in grade school. One of them is actually based on Jesus' parable of the wise and foolish builders. I could even remember my teacher teaching us the lyrics ("The wise man built his house upon the rock... The foolish man built his house upon the sand...") as she demonstrated the hand signs. If you read that story closely in Matthew7:24-27, you will see what Jesus was actually teaching. Let me share with you what Grace Gaston-Dousel wrote about this in Real Time: Time to Get Real With God Devotions for Filipino Youth.

No matter how much we read the Bible or attend church, if we don't do what we've read or heard, we learned nothing. Jesus has a word for it: FOOLISH! What else can you call someone who spent so much time, energy and emotion on building a shelter that falls apart when it rains and floods?

Often, we act like that foolish builder. The Bible tells us that life is complete only if God is priority. We still chooe to build our lives on the unstable foundations of wealth, fame, friendships, pride, traditions, and relationships with the opposite sex. Yet, we find our lives experiencing a loud and heavy crash. We end up hurt.

A growing intimate relationship with Christ is the surest way to stand strong when the storms of life and a flood of trials come. Obeying Jesus' teachings leads to a meaningful life.

The next time you choose to disobey a command from God, think about a poorly built house ready to collapse when the floods rise. That's the effect of disobedience on an otherwise promising life. Don't wait for the crash before you change your ways.
Back to top Go down
ccf_mae
ccf_mae

PostSubject: ..PULL BUDDY..   ..time to get real... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 6:07 pm

Pull, Buddy!!
A man from the big city was enjoying a relaxing drive in the country when a dog ran in front of his car. He swerved to miss it but lost control of his car and ended up in a ditch. After a few unsuccessful attempts to get his car out, the man sat on hi s bumper and waited for help to arrive.

He didn't have to wait long. A farmer who lived just down the road came to his aid with a big, powerful-looking horse.

The man watched as the farmer hitched the horse to the car's bumper. When the rope was secure, the farmer yelled, "Pull, Nellie, pull!" But the horse didn't move.

Then the farmer yelled, "Pull, Buster, pull!" But the horse didn't move.

Next the farmer yelled, "Pull, Coco, pull!" But the horse still didn't move.

Finally, the farmer said, "Pull, Buddy, pull!" And the horse dragged the car from the ditch with very little effort.

The motorist was appreciative-and a little curious. "Why did you call out four names when your horse only responded to one?" he asked.

The farmer smiled. "Oh, Buddy is blind," he explained, "and if he thought he was the only one pulling he wouldn't even try!"

? WHERE TO TAKE IT FORM HERE ...

Just like Buddy, we need other people to bring out the best in us. As the Scripture says, "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken" (Ecclesiastes 4:12). That's why God created us to be part of a community, part of a family, part of the church.

It's very difficult to live the Christian life alone. It can be done, but like the verse says, one can be overpowered. The devil will find you easy prey. When you have others who are standing with you-even though they are not physically present-you can draw strength and encouragement from their prayers and support. We all really need each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ..time to get real...   ..time to get real... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

..time to get real...
Page 1 of 1